Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25, 2016

Friends and Family,

I hope everyone had a great week UN-iting themselves with others!
Unity is something that just makes sense. There's no point in contention (unless it's siblings growing up, haha just kidding :)

We had a pretty good week! Not as many great stories as last week, but we had some success. Kim did not come to church and neither did 4 other people that said they would, but we did have Nate and Dusty come! Dusty is the fiancé of a less active member and they're both going to start coming regularly! Nate is friends with a member and his great aunt is a member as well. He seems pretty interested!

I have one more week with Elder Bates and then I'll likely get a new companion since we've been companions for 3 months. He's also been in this area for 6 months so he's due for a ticket out. He's been a good companion, the easiest to get along with, be productive, and enjoy working all at the same time!

I read Esther this last week and it's a really good book! I didn't realize how good it was until I read the whole thing! Great story, awesome principles to pull out and apply to our lives, and not too long either! Esther is a woman who had incredible courage. She asked people to fast for her as she went before the king to plead for her life and the lives of her people. I know the power of fasting and courage can bring blessings and, as needed, miracles to those who put forth the effort and act and ask!


-Elder Moon

PS.  This is where I left a note for my parents that visited the temple the day after I was there.   They found it!!