Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1, 2016

Friends and Family,

Well, transfers have come! I have been here for only 3 months and Elder Bates has been here for 6 months. Now, when missionaries get called to be a trainer, they get a phone call and the invitation is extended. They then attend a train the trainers meeting on the Friday before the transfer week. Training calls come Tuesday. We had set a baptism date with a new person named Kim and called the mission president to tell him. He didn't mention anything about training for either of us. There are a lot of new missionaries coming out and I was perfectly set up to train (companion about to leave and only being here for 2 transfers). But nothing.

Then one of the mission president's assistant 's calls us Thursday night to ask if I'd play the piano for the meeting. The conversation went something like this:

Could Elder Moon play the piano tomorrow?
For what?
The train the trainers meeting.
We aren't going to that.
Why not?
We weren't invited...
Oh, I'm sorry, that's embarrassing, well tell Elder Moon I love his magical playing anyway.

Haha, we were confused why he thought we'd be there. My speculation is I was on that list and then the new mission president took me off for some reason. This reason was unknown to me. Until last night.

I was sitting in a fireside when we got a text from our mission president asking us to call him when convenient. After several minutes and knowing the transfers email (new way of telling about transfers) was coming soon, we decided to step out and call him. He said I was being asked to serve as a zone leader in the Palmyra North Zone in Pittsford NY (the same district I left from 3 months ago as district leader). Plot twist!


Now that I've told that story, it'll be sad to leave some of these people, especially Henry. He's been so awesome! But new things are coming and it'll be exciting!

My challenge for this week is based on the fireside we had. Check yourself. Are you converted to Christ? Are you really, truly, sincerely, more than anything else in the world, converted to Christ?
Ask yourself this question when you wake up every morning: "Am I truly converted to Christ?" If not, what will you do to become more converted to your Savior?

Have a great week everyone!

 -Elder Moon