Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015

Friends and family,

Another good week. Some other missionaries in our ward had a baptism and we had an investigator named Stephanie and her kids attend that! It was awesome! She's read over half the Book of Mormon within the last 2 weeks, holy cow! Talk about dedication!!

We are having a hard time getting lots of our appointments to actually happen. People here are willing to set them but either aren't home when we show up or say "now's not a good time." If anyone has ideas of how to solve that problem, that would be great! 

Thanks and special shout out to my band director, math teacher, Amanda, my grandparents, and my mom (and anyone I forgot) for telling me their favorite Christmas songs! Funniest one I got was Mr Bayless's choice, Los Peces En El Rio. I haven't heard that song in a very long time! Lots of "Oh Holy Night" responses too! Mine is Angels We Have Heard on High, but Hark the Harold Angels Sing is a close second... however, like my dad's mom, in the last few years I've really liked the 4th verse of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." So that's that.

New challenge: For this week, find a way you're prideful and STOP IT! If you're too competitive (now I support good competition that motivates us to improve, but I mean the "I'm superior to you" competitiveness), be willing to be a cheerful loser if/when you lose. If you're too rude to a spouse, child, parent, or friend, be extra nice this week, even if they deserve it. Suck up your pride and be generous. You'll be a true winner that way. 

Have a great week!


-Elder Moon