Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 29, 2015

Friends and family,

So this is the first time I'm actually sending this. As many of you
know I'm bad at all things technology. I usually sent this to my mom,
who then logged in and forwarded it on or something like that. Today
is the day I try it myself! So you might get this once, twice, three
times, or no times! Gotta love trouble shooting.

So today I will share part of my testimony. I won't share any stories
or any details of what I've been doing here besides that I've been
working and serving and trying to be better and invite others to do
the same. No stories or experiences this week because I feel a need to
express what I believe without distraction.

God lives. He loves us. He is involved in His work and glory to bring
about our eternal life. He is all knowing and all powerful. There is
not and will not be a task too great that is beyond His power or that
surpasses His ability. There is not and will never be a truth He
doesn't already know. His plan for our salvation is flawless and
unchanging. There is no need and will not be a need to change an
unchangeable plan, to perfect a perfect plan, or to refine a refined
plan. It is t a plan that is as eternal as God Himself and we are to
act in accordance with that plan. We may not and frankly do not know
or understand all the details, but we know enough to play our parts
and do our duty. One of the great pieces of His plan, the fundamental
unit of society, and the binding tie that holds us all together is His
ordained version of a group of individuals coming together in a unity
known as "the family." The family is of God and was instituted by Him
back when Adam and Eve walked this earth. Marriage between a man and a
woman is how He intended us to marry and be given in marriage. The
family is not something that has been delegated to us to destroy and
defame at our discretion. We have no authority to redefine what The
Almighty has defined. I do not say this to unrighteously and
disrespectfully offend or contend with others. But I stand by my
Father in Heaven and declare to the world that the family is of God
and marriage is to be had in the way He organized it. I respect the
opinions and stances and rights, privileges, and beliefs of everyone
everywhere, and I ask that everyone everywhere respect mine. There
will always be a diversity of opinions, but there will never be a
diversity of truth. Truth is as complete, perfect, and unchangeable as
God, and if it were to change with time, it would cease to be truth
and God would cease to be God. BUT GOD WILL NOT CEASE TO BE GOD. He is
eternal. Truth is eternal. My determination to stand by those truths
is also eternal, and I boldly declare that in the name of Jesus
Christ, Amen.

I hope everyone has an amazing week and finds ways to stand for truth
in a loving and peaceable way. Truths must be defended, but the root
of God's truth is love. May we all defend truth the way Christ
defended truth, through pure love.

Love,

-Elder Moon