Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017

Friends and family!

I'm sure you all are enjoying your new year with those resolutions! At least I hope so. I also hope they last longer than January. After all, they are New Years and not new months, resolutions. Does anybody have any they feel pleased with and think I could benefit from hearing?

Both my companions were sick yesterday so I went to church alone.
Haha, as missionaries, we always have to be within sight and sound of our companions with a few exceptions like going to the bathroom. Since I couldn't really be alone, one of the church members picked me up and took me to church. I didn't really have an assigned companion, but was kind of playing a game of ping pong bouncing around from one "temporary companion" to another. We're allowed to not be with our assigned missionary companion as long as we are with another adult member who is our same gender. There are more specific guidelines than that, but that's sufficient for the purposes of this story. Needless to say, it was weird being at church without another missionary.

Things are still slow here. The sicknesses haven't helped. Hopefully we can pick things back up now that they're feeling better. We are focusing on some people who are less active in the church, but we can't seem to get in contact with several of them. We'll keep trying though!

Challenge this week is super simple. It's to get at least one more week of your New Years resolutions in! Quitting within the first 10 days is sad, so don't give up! If you've already missed, start today to get it down!


-Elder Moon

PS Winter is here!!  This is our truck!