Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017

Friends and Family!

Good bye Batavia! I thought I would be staying here at least one more transfer, but it turns out I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be going to Brighton, New York. That's the neighboring ward of Pittsford, which is the neighboring Ward to Fairport. Therefore, I will have served in 3 neighboring wards! And Brighton is the Ward where the mission president lives, so I'll see his family a lot. He travels to all the wards all the time, so he won't be at his home Ward a ton, but I'll still probably see him more often than usual.

I will also be taking a break from leadership this transfer. There are roses and thorns with that. I like the leadership for the learning experiences and opportunities, but it will also be nice to just be an ordinary missionary again and not have to worry about all the administrative stuff. I will miss Batavia as well. There are lots of good things underway here! We met several people who were interested.
A lot of them were "one and done" where they met with us once and then weren't interested anymore. But those are some good seeds planted!

I will be companions with an elder named Elder Gardner. He's an ASL (American sign language) missionary so maybe I'll learn some signing!
There's a famous quote from Hugh B Brown that says "I am the gardener here!" I kind of want to wake up every morning and say that to him :)

Cindy invited us to come to the temple with her when she goes and we asked President Evans about it. He said we could do it if the logistics work out but it would be hard. Because I'll be closer to the temple than I am now, he said I probably could at least. Elder Gwilliam will have a harder time working it out, but hopefully we can!

The challenge this week is to be healthy. Ideas are take a multivitamin every day, exercise, eat more fruits and vegetables than sweets, etc. We've done a similar challenge a while back about our bodies being temples, but I think it's a good thing to do again.

Thanks for everyone's goodness! Have a great week!


-Elder Moon