Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016

Friends and Family,

I hope you all got to thank someone who's made a difference in your life and someone you can remember for that (Memorial Day challenge).
If not, you still have time to!

So this week was good. We had a challenge from our zone leaders to have a "June Jubilee." We're getting a new mission president in July and we want to purge the mission and re-consecrate ourselves to be the best missionaries when he gets here. This Jubilee is in reference to the Jubilee year of the Old Testament when on the 50th year, all debts were forgiven, all slaves were freed, all prisoners were liberated, and all land was returned to the original owner. It was a year to just "start over" in all aspects of living. They challenged us to get 70 contacts, find 4 new investigators, have 2 lessons with a member present, and give out 6 copies of the Book of Mormon every week in June. We did it! One week down, 3 to go! This is super motivating for me and I hope it motivates the other missionaries in this zone. Even more importantly, hence why I'm sending this to you, I hope it motivates you to be a little better this June Jubilee!

We haven't been able to contact Dan this last week, but please keep praying for him! Also please pray for Jan and Mike to be interested and stay interested in learning more and improving their lives!

One fun thing we did this week is hear about the ice cream challenge.
A gallon in an hour. Haha, I prepared by drinking a gallon of water in an hour 2 nights this last week (yes, I had to get up and use the facilities so many times throughout the night, but never threw up). My companion and I tag teamed a gallon and succeeded in 35 minutes!
Neither of us threw up too! It's hard, don't think you can do it yourself! Also, don't try to play basketball right after, it's not as much fun as... Well I don't really find basketball fun on a regular stomach, sorry Dad. But it was still a fun little challenge!

Missions are hard and fun and good and good for you and others! Lots of benefits and lots of trials! One thing I'm working on this week is trying to help others see how this message can bless them in wherever they are in life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been given to us for our happiness now and in eternity. It is there for us to use whether we are old or young, male or female, smart or uneducated, rich or poor. It's for everyone, and it helps us at all times. No, I correct myself. It CAN help us at all times. It only will if we reach out and grab it!

I challenge each one of us to pick something about ourselves we don't like and treat the rest of this month like a June Jubilee and leave it behind! When July comes, I hope I'm emailing a long list of people who have abandoned something they didn't like about themselves and can smile all the more brightly for their grand accomplishment! Christ's Atonement can do more than forgive sins, it can help us change bad habits and even change our natures!


-Elder Moon