Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2016

Friends and family,

Well I've had a great time out here in Victor New York. I'll be
transferred to C where there is a branch, not a Ward. For
those of you who think of those as being an appendage of a tree and a
prison term, I'll explain. In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day
Saints, we call units "wards." Those units cover a certain geography
and and members of the church who live in those boundaries are part of
that Ward. Well, in places where there are very few members, they just
have a "branch" instead of a Ward. It's just another term and
basically means "mini-Ward." I've never served in a branch so it'll be
a new experience being somewhere where there are very few members. It
will remind me of Burkburnett :)

So the challenge last week was to contact your mothers and pray for
thanks for them. I forgot to mention that was a challenge, I just
typed it as an invitation. I hope you all got a chance to do that! I
know I got to talk to my family yesterday which was great! Skype
stopped working but due to other technology blessings, I got to call
them on the phone. I'll take what I can get!

This week's challenge is to go meet someone who you don't know and
give them a compliment! I'll be doing a lot of that seeing as I'll be
going to a new area. So best of luck with that everyone and have a
great week!

Love you all!

-Elder Moon