Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

Friends and family,

Well I'm out! I'm leaving Lewiston tomorrow and will be flushing into
a new area. Flushing is when you go into an area at the same time as
your companion, so you and he are both brand new to the area. I did
that both areas I've been in so far so it's all I've ever known. I
will also be the district leader there (leader over 8 missionaries)
and will be training a brand new missionary fresh out of the MTC
(missionary training center)! So much change in one day!

As for our goal, well this was the perfect week to end off here. We
had 7 lessons with a member present and 7 people at church! That's
like double we've ever had! I hope things only go up once I leave good
ole Lewiston!

One thing I learned from this area is people can be way too sensitive
and selfish. Haha, we all can at times so it's essential that we are
careful and fill all we say with love. If we are concerned solely for
the other person, we won't be wrong in what we say or how we say it.
But if we have our own private agenda or say it harshly, we can find
we didn't do it right. So be careful what you say and how you say it!

Challenge this week is to think of a life lesson you've learned in the
last few weeks and ponder why you learned it. It's likely you will
need to know what you just learned because something in the next few
weeks will come up. And it'll be important that you have that lesson
under your belt to successfully conquer that new obstacle. I hope that
makes as much sense here as it does in my head.

Love you all!

-Elder Moon