Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016

Friends and family:

I want to start off sharing a miracle that happened this week. I had set the goal to have 5 member present lessons and 2 at sacrament meeting every week. This week we had one on Wednesday and then we had 5 on Saturday. So we exceeded that goal this week, which was a great start to that goal this week. We also had several people say they would come to church but nobody did. A member was picking some up and others would drive themselves. No luck. Finally, about a few minutes into testimonies I saw Stephanie Richards and her daughter walk into the chapel. I almost had to hold back the tears (and I'm usually not a very emotional person) but with fasting for this new year's resolution and hearing a testimony on fasting, knowing I can only do my small part and can't accomplish his goal without God's help, I can't force people to come to church, I know this sentence is a run on, but it was just amazing. This week the entire goal was met and pulled through miraculously at the "last second." I'm nervous that this goal won't be reached every week, but I can't say that or I'll lose hope. I'll just take it one week at a time and work for and hope for the best.

Other than that, there weren't any earth shattering events. I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year and has made resolutions they can strive to keep. Sorry about the bad grammar if that wasn't correctly worded... Especially sorry to Mrs. Johnston (my former English teacher) if that's the case. I think it's right...

Anyway, a challenge this week is to compliment someone everyday. It can be a different someone each day, your choice!

Have a great week everyone!

-Elder Moon